Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Low Carb Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake

One of my son Patrick's favourite cakes is a coffee cake with a cinnamon swirl centre. It is a beautiful bundt style cake with a delicious little cinnamon swirl throughout. It is a wonderful cake to bake and enjoy with friends over tea or coffee. I have realized that I can bake just about any kind of cake I want to with the mixture of Almond flour, Coconut flour and Whey Isolate powder that I have used in some of my other cakes so I have given the coffee cake a try. I am quite pleased with the way this one has turned out. Give it a try and you can thank me later by liking my Facebook page.
https://m.facebook.com/ketofiedkitchen/


Low Carb Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake

Low Carb Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake
Recipe


Cake Batter
2 Cups Almond flour
1/2 Cups Coconut flour
2/3 Cup (60 grams) Whey Protein Isolate Powder
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon cardamon
1 block (250 grams or 8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 Cup butter, melted
2 Cups sweetener (I use erythritol/stevia)
10 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix together the Almond flour, Coconut flour, whey powder, baking powder, salt and cardamon and set aside.
In a stand mixer beat the softened cream cheese with the sweetener until creamy.
Melt the butter and let cool. Once cooled enough, add to creamed mixture along with the 10 eggs and the vanilla beating until well blended.
Add the flour mixture and mix well.
Filling
1/2 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup sweetener
2 teaspoons cinnamon
In a medium bowl beat the cottage cheese, sweetener and cinnamon until the cottage cheese bits are very small.

In a well greased bundt pan add half of the cake batter. Add the filling and then the other half of the batter. Smooth the top with your spatula.
Bake in 350 oven for 65 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Do not undercooked or it will fall. When the top starts to look like it is getting a little too dark is usually when it is ready.
Cool in pan for about 10 minutes, loosen sides and then turn on to cooling rack. Cool completely.
Once cake has cooled completely you can sprinkle with a little confectioner's type sweetener if desired. This is optional and really only for decorative purposes specially when you are like me and turn the cake out too soon and have to do a patch up job. Lol
Serves 20, each piece has approximately 4 net carbs. I do not count sugar alcohols.
Enjoy!

© 2016-2017 DIANE ROLFE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED





No comments:

Post a Comment