Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Lemon Bundt Cake

It is a rainy day on the farm. The men are taking the opportunity to make repairs and wash some of the machinery while I get to play in my kitchen. Sounds fair to me!
Today I wanted to try and come up with a decent lemon dessert. My favourite flavour in the entire world is lemon. Lemon beats chocolate every day of the week for me. My sisters are lemon lovers also so I am sure this dessert will be made in all their homes. As I am writing this, my cake is still in the oven so lets hope it doesn't flop or I will have to bake again tomorrow and go without dessert tonight. I really like the texture of the almond, coconut flour/whey isolate mix. I find it resembles a regular cake texture.
I have changed this recipe as I was not 100% happy with the flavour. It is delicious now!


Lemon Bundt Cake

Lemon Bundt Cake
Recipe
2 Cups Almond flour
1/2 Cups Coconut flour
2/3 Cup Whey Isolate powder (I use the unflavoured)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
Combine the above ingredients and set aside. 

1 Cup Sour cream or Greek yogurt

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 Cups Truvia (In the pot, not the bag)
1/3 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 large eggs, room temperature eggs give a better rise
1 teaspoon vanila

In a stand mixer beat the softened butter with the Truvia until smooth. Add the lemon juice and mix until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, with the vanilla and continue to blend until well incorporated.
Add the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Remove the bowl from the stand mixture and fold the sour cream into the batch. 
Pour into well greased bundt cake pan and bake for 60-65 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove to wire rack. Leave cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then turn out carefully after loosening sides. 

Glaze
In a small sauce pan add 1/4 cup Truvia  with 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Place on stove medium low heat and heat, stirring constantly, until the Truvia has dissolved completely.

Place a sheet of parchment paper under the wire rack to catch the run off of the glaze.
While cake is still a little warm, Pole holes in the top and sides of the cake with a skewer or tooth pick. 
Pour the glaze over the cake, allowing it to run down the sides. 
Leave cake on cooling rack until completely cooled and then move to a serving platter.

Serves 20, approximately 3 net carbs per slice.
© 2016-2017 DIANE ROLFE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes but I am not 100% happy with this recipe yet Angela. This and the coffee cake I am still reworking. All the other recipes, I am happy with. I just don't want to delete them because I do t want to have to rewrite them.

      Delete