Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2017

Low Carb Peanut Butter Bread

I was chatting with one of the members of the Ketogenic Diet Open Discussion Facebook group  a few days ago and we started talking about foods we missed. Somehow peanut Butter and bread popped into the conversation. I have made this recipe before Perfect Peanut Butter Bread  and decided I wanted to make something similar for my blog. I think it is quite tasty! I hope you enjoy my version.
Low Carb Peanut Butter Bread

Recipe

1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Whey Isolate Powder
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
3/4 Cup peanut butter (Or almond butter. I used a natural unsweetened peanut butter)
5 large eggs
3 Tablespoons Truvia (the one in the pot, not the blend)

Prepare a glass loaf pan by lining the bottom with parchment paper, spray the bottom and sides of pan. 
Preheat oven to 350 F
Combine the almond flour, whey Isolate protein and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
In a stand mixer beat together the peanut butter, eggs and Truvia until smooth.
Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and beat until well blended and smooth.
Pour into prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in centre comes out clean. 
Turn on to wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe does not have an eggy taste. 
Excepellent warm with butter of even toasted with some crushed berries. 
Makes 12 slices of approximately 2.5 net carbs each.
Enjoy.

Alternative recipe without Whey Isolate Protein as requested.
I only used 4 eggs, I used 1/2 Cup peanut butter, 1 cup almond flour instead of 1/2, and I used 1/4 cup Great Lakes Gelatin powdered collagen hydrolysante.
I had to bake for 45 minutes. It would better with 3/4 Cup peanut butter but I only had 1/2 Cup left.
© 2017 Diane rolfe ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

8 comments:

  1. this looks greeat, will have to try

    ReplyDelete
  2. would love to try this recipe, can Swerve replace the Truvia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, any sweetener can be used but Truvia is concentrated so I would use 1/3 cup of swerve.

      Delete
  3. This looks really yummy! What size pan please? 4x8 or 9x5?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi What can I substitute for whey? Have to be dairy free. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also like to know if there is a substitute for whey!

      Delete
  5. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot Thank You enough!! I added cocoa to mine so I don't know if it made it "drier". We love cocoa and PB! I did not add sweetener at all. THANK YOU!! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. I’m gonna make it today.

    ReplyDelete