Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake

Well it is strawberry season here in Quebec and everyone is enjoying a little piece of strawberry shortcake at the local festivals. strawberry and heavy whipping cream are keto and low carb friendly so I decided to make a white cake recipe and turn it into a Low Carb version of strawberry shortcake. I hope you enjoy this treat as much as I do.

Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake

Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake
Recipe

1 recipe of my Low Carb White Cake, find it here: 

3 Cups 35% Whipping cream
2 Tablespoons Truvia, I use this one Truvia
Sliced Strawberries (I weighed mine and I used 300 grams, about 11 ounces)

Bake the cake according to the recipe and cool completely.
In a stand mixer equipped with the whisking tool, beat the cream adding the sweetener as it beats. Beat until stiff.
Place one cake layer face down on a plate and cover with half of the whipped cream and cover with half of the sliced strawberries.
Top with second cake, face up and cover the top and sides with the remaining whipped cream. Decorate top with remaining strawberries.
1/16 of the cake as decorated has approximately 5 net carbs.
Enjoy
© 2017 Diane rolfe ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

6 comments:

  1. One of my friends made this cake today and she did not have oat fibre so she added 1/4 cup extra almond flour to replace it. She used sour cream instead of the ricotta. Greek yogurt would work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was wonderful! I didn't have any oat fiber so I added 1/4 cup of almond flour. I also used sour cream. It turned out great! If I figure out how to put a picture up I will. Thanjs Diane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you were able to modify it to eliminate the oat fibre! Thanks for trying it and leaving a comment. You can add a picture to the ketofied kitchen FB page. Click on the link in the top right hand corner to get to the FB page.

      Delete
  3. This cake is awesome. my friend surprised me with this cake for my biethday. She substituted the pay fiber for psyllium husk powder and the whey protein for vanilla flavored hemp protein. It actually tastes like pumpkin! So good and the closest I've had to non keto cake in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol autocorrect.
      So happy you enjoyed it. Thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete