Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Creamy Chicken Florentine

I have so many recipes that some I cannot remember where they came from. I know this one came from one of my cooking groups several years ago but I cannot remember the woman's name who shared it and she had gotten in from another friend. In any case, I have modified it like I do most recipes I collect.We have been enjoying this one for quite some time and it is perfect for the low carb, Keto way of life.
I hope you enjoy it and add your own twist. Today I added red pepper but sometimes I add mushrooms and french shallots. Today I served it over some caulirice with roasted garlic and broccoli.

Creamy Chicken Florentine

Creamy Chicken Florentine
Recipe

6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5-6 ounces each)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
300 gram package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2-3 large garlic cloves minced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (35%)
2/3 cup freshly grated or flaked Parmesan cheese
1/2 Cup Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Salt and pepper the chicken breasts. 
Heat oil in large skillet and brown the breasts on each side. 
Transfer to a 9x13 glass dish.
In same skillet sauté the garlic with vegetable (spinach plus any other vegetable you decide to add) for 2-3 minutes.
Whisk together the heavy cream and Dijon mustard in another bowl until well blended. Pour over the vegetables and add 1/3 cup of the cheese. Stir for another 2-3 minutes.
Pour sauce over the chicken in the glass dish.
Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken cut open.
Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes longer until top becomes gold.
Serves 6. Each serving has approximately 3.5 net carbs with the red peppers.
ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment