Search This Blog

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

As we all hunker down in our homes to avoid contact with the Covid-19 virus it seems that baking is one way to pass the time. Now that the majority of my family has adopted a low carb life style the treats I safely froze away for myself for special occasions are disappearing.
Today I decided to throw together a muffin recipe, a little different than my previous recipe but I like variety. So here is my latest recipe.  Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.



RECIPE
Dry ingredients to combine:
1 1/2 Cups Almond flour
1/2 Cup Coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Zest from 1 lemon
Ingredients to beat together:
3/4 cup butter softened
1 Cup granulated sweetener (or equivalent to 1 Cup sugar)
4 eggs
1/2 cup cashew milk
Juice from 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
Beat butter and sweetener until well combined. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and beat well. You want the sweetener to dissolve well.
Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat just until mixed.
Divide batter between the 12 muffin cups.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins, approximately 3 net carbs each.

No comments:

Post a Comment