Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

BBQ Rub

I realize that it is still winter here in Canada but we BBQ all winter and as often as my husband is willing. It makes for less work for me and also less cleanup. Double score in my books! I wanted to share my favourite BBQ rub with you today but I will also share a link to a wonderful side dish. My friend Rosa posted a recipe for these awesome Brussels sprouts so I am making those as a side dish. Here is the link to the side dish. Bacon Brussels Sprouts Gratin.


BBQ Rub
BBQ Rub
Recipe

4 Tablespoons Brown sugar substitute (I use Sukrin Gold)
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
2 Tablespoons Paprika
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Onion Powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons Kosher salt
1/2 Tablespoon Black Pepper
Combine all ingredients well. If you cannot find a brown sugar substitute that does not contain sugar then just use a white sugar substitute such as erythritol or Truvia.
This is enough to cover about 20 pieces of chicken. I make it ahead and keep it in a covered air tight container.
Approximately 1 net carb per serving.

We use this rub for both chicken and pork. Brush the meat with a little olive oil and sprinkle the rub on each piece of meat, covering liberally. BBQ to your taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment