Search This Blog

Friday, September 30, 2016

Spicy Thai Shrimp

I always keep a bag of raw shrimp in the freezer for emergency back up. Some days I get caught up in my paper work or I stay to chat with my friend Ruth a little longer than anticipated after our morning run, forgetting to take something out of the freezer for supper when I get home. Shrimp can be defrosted in minutes by simply running it under cold water. Sometimes I just defrost and sauté in garlic and butter and serve with a salad on the side. Delicious!
Yesterday I went for my morning run with Ruth and then we chatted over coffee. After she left I knew I had a couple of desserts to prepare for this weekend and I had paper work to catch up on also. Since my kitchen is my happy place I started in the kitchen with the cakes. I tucked my second cake into the oven and suddenly realized it was nearly noon and my billing had not been done yet. I rushed to my office to get my billing done for my real job and then my husband stopped at the house at about 1:30, between deliveries, for a late lunch and all of the leftovers vanished! Ugh, I had been counting on that for supper.
I was already exhausted from standing on my feet all morning so I went to the freezer and got out the bag of raw shrimp. Supper was delicious! Ketofied from Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce

Spicy Thai Shrimp

Spicy Thai Shrimp
Recipe
Shrimp
2 pounds raw shrimp peeled and deveined
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil 
4 cloves fresh garlic minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Toss cleaned and prepared shrimp with olive oil and toss with the garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
Vegetables
200 grams of sliced sweet peppers (I used half red, half yellow)
125 grams of onions sliced in slivers
1 tablespoon olive oil.
In a deep wok, sauté the vegetables in the olive oil until soft. 
Remove the vegetables from the pan to a large bowl using a slotted spoon and sauté the shrimp in the same pan until they turn pink and start to curl. Add Shrimp to the bowl of vegetables.

Coconut milk sauce
1 can coconut milk 
6 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons peanut butter (preferably low sugar)
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon erythritol
1 Tablespoon ground ginger
Combine all ingredients in a wok and bring to a small boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes until reduced.
Add the vegetables and shrimp to the sauce and cook for another few minutes until heated through.

Serve over cauliflower rice and garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro and a some green onion.

Serves 6-8. Approximately 6 net carbs per 1/8 th of recipe without the cauliflower.






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Andre devoured two portions! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
      Thanks for stopping by Ginette.

      Delete